Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Making Art with Distress Crayons and Prima Watercolor Coloring Book!

Karla here today, and I am so happy to share this project with you! I fell in love with the Prima Watercolor Pad that came out at CHA and decided to use my new Distress Crayons with it - and I'm so pleased with the results!



The Prima pad is full of gorgeous 8x10 watercolour colouring pages - just waiting for you to use whatever watercolouring medium you choose! I simply had to try out my Distress Crayons by drawing directly on the colouring page



The crayons glide on beautifully and then I simply used my waterbrush to blend the colour in, mixing some of the crayons together.


 After I finished watercolouring in the page I smooshed Distress Inks on my craft mat, spritzed with water, and used a clear piece of packaging to pick up the inky colour before 'smooshing' it onto my page. Love this effect!


I picked up a dollar store frame and decorated it with flowers, sequins, pearls, charms, buttons and ribbon! It will be easy to replace this page with another whenever I want to!


Here's a close up of the lovely colour these Distress Crayons achieve!

More lovely embellishments to decorate my frame! 

This worked perfectly to replace the Easter decorations I had on my hutch. I'm just so happy with the results!


Thank you so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to stop by the Scrapendipity Online Store for some Canadian shopping, and have an awesome, happy, crafty week!


No comments: