Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Friday, March 17, 2017

Fun Friday with Pam

Happy St. Patrick's Day
 
More Island Escape!
I am at 10 pages on this kit, and still have more to work with. Seriously terrific value in Selena's kits!
These poor little peacock's at the resort were the saddest I have ever seen. 
They had very few of their signature feathers left. I am not sure if that was done on purpose, to stop the tourists molesting them, or if they were clipped, or if they were sick. It did seem too evenly done to be an accident.
NOTE: The photos of the peacocks had very busy backgrounds. So, I decided to fussy cut them to highlight the birds better.
I decided to beef up the sand image in on the paper with:
Use a dauber to swipe large areas, alternate with TH Distress sandy powders and a heat gun.
For this layout, I 'PPG' the inside of the emboss basket weave. It can be difficult to scrapbook busy, colorful flower photo's. I cut mine into 3 x 3 inch squares to form one solid 6 x 6 display. Then re-matted the one I wanted to highlight. 'The Hibiscus' of course!
 
Tips for this one:
I used the word strip to form the journaling. First thing I did was secure it to a thin piece of double sided tape. That way, it is fast to cut and glue to the journal card. The jangles along the lower edge is beaded ribbon from the stash. with Washi tape over the ribbon.
Close-up of the journal grouping and finishing details.
 
Flamingos
This layout was done with two sheets, a lot of cut, flip, flop, and paste.
Cuba has a large flamingo sanctuary inland of the coast of 'Cao Coco' island chains. It is a HUGE no-no to kill a pinky!


No comments: