Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April Wild Whisper Adventure Kit Blitz '1' with Marcia

Hi Guys. This month Selena asked me (Marcia) to work with the
Wild Adventure kit. It is absolutely fabulous!!
 I am really excited to see where my adventure takes me haha.
For this first layout I did a single as my week didn't quite go as planned.
 To start, for me I always look at the paper and then find a page sketch that I want to try out for inspiration. I use a lot of page maps!
Next was the photos. My adventure was going to be camping 2 years ago but something got me nostalgic and I looked through old photos. Low and behold I had some from my first trip to Banff in 1997. Granted the photos aren't  the best quality but they are a great memory.
 My next step was to cut up a pepsi can. This became my mountains on the layout.  I embossed them with a pattern and I also used the shabby blue embossing powder to give them a snowy look.
 Next I used the green embossing powders in a shade from my photo to make a couple of trees. I started by cutting them out and using a random swirl folder to add dimension (only 1 made it to this page).
 I used my Frame Punch Board to make the blue frame and used the left overs for the corners on the other photo.
I used a die to make the banner journal spot as I have one. But, you could cut one with scissors.
 Once all of my elements were ready, out came the tape and down they went.
 I added a Tim Holtz arrow (double popped up) and popped up the blue frame photo. My title is also popped up and pretty simple as I usually can't think of anything catchy to call the pages.
I had random words for rest of the title.
I used the jewels from the kit as well in the top right corner.
 I really, really like colour so I used my alcohol inks to change the jewels.
 
Well making a mess doing this I wished I had alcohol markers to make it easier!! Thanks for sharing this adventure with me. I can't wait to get busy with the rest of the papers and see what happens. Stay tuned.

 
http://www.scrapendipitystore.com/

208 3400 14th St NW Northmount Plaza (facing Chelsea St) Calgary, Alberta
See google directions HERE

No comments: